Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let me get this straight

This weeks story comes from a friend of mine. He was a foreign exchange student my senior year of high school.

When I first got to a high school a kid came up to me and said, "So, I heard you were from Sweden."
I replied, "Yes."
His next question was, "What language do you speak in Sweden?"
I naturally said, "Swedish."
He paused for a while then asked, "So, do you speak Swedish?"
I hesitated...
(Wait for it)
(Wait for it)
(Wait for it)

"Yes."

Let me get this straight, Swedish is spoken in Sweden. Does that mean they speak Spanish in Spain? And German in Germany? Come on people, pay attention in school. And if you don't, use your common sense! Not to mention the fact that he had to ask if a person from Sweden spoke the language. In addition, most people from Europe speak several languages.

Until Next Time,
Zozo and Leggy J
csaintsc@gmail.com

"There is such a thing as a dumb question when common sense isn't present"

No comments:

Post a Comment