Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Water Tight?...I Think Not!

Usually when I get an idea in my head, I test it out before I go through with it to see if it will work. However, not many people do that. Instead many people just do whatever they are planning to do and see the erroneous result; even if someone mentions that it probably wont work.

Style events are very common among retail stores. These events are held to get new customers in the door and to get more people to spend more money by offering free snacks, beverages and coupons from other stores and even sometimes these events have DJ’s. A great marketing idea really! Nonetheless, that is all well and good until there is a soaked table cloth and a puddle of water from melted ice!

It was the start of the day. The store opened at ten o’ clock and my managers (who I love to death) wanted to make the drinks look all fancy in ice in a clear plastic containers. Well these plastic containers are used to hold scarves and accessories. When they explained to me what they were planning to do., I immediately thought um those containers aren’t water tight. I told them they probably wouldn’t want to use those and that they would probably leak. Well ignoring my keen sense, they did it anyway. Thirty to forty-five minutes later, one of my managers comes back in a panic and screams my name. I answer and she explains that the entire table cloth is soaked and from the melted ice which GUESS WHAT…..leaked from the oh so surprising not water tight containers. All I could do was laugh my head off and give a big fat I TOLD YA SO! 
 


Common sense tip of the week: Put a small size amount of water in a container to see if it leaks before you proceed to put it out among clothing that potentially could get soaked. Or listen to someone who has a pretty good idea that it probably won't work.

Until next time,
Zozo and Leggy J
Csaintsc@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment