Friday, November 19, 2010

Red means STOP!

For this weeks story I would like to reiterate the importance of not rushing to get where you need to be. Also, I would like to make a point in stating that driving is a privilege and not a right and therefore, common sense should tell you that there are some things that you really shouldn't do while driving!

As I was on my way to Boulder to visit a friend, I was in the left turn lane to enter the highway. The people who are making a right turn to enter the high way have a yield sign. Now to my understanding once I get the green left arrow, I get to turn and the people making a right have to stop and yield to me. Well, let me tell you! As I am making my left turn, on my GREEN ARROW, this “special” person, who probably thinks they have the right of way because they are especially important, continues on making their right turn like they didn’t even see the light change forcing me to slam on my brakes.
This has happened to me multiple times by your Average Joe, but this person in particular must have been a "special" kind of "special."


Now when things like that happen, I know I should just blow it off. But I am sooooo annoyed that yet another dumb dumb has infected the gene pool. As I pass this "special" person I give them a complete, total, 100% focused on them, burn a hole through your forehead, "Yes, I'm glaring at you" stare down. Call it what you will. I hear “road rage” is quite expressive for this kind of behavior, plus it’s only a harmless stare. It’s not like I am going to ram into the side of their car like some poorly written, cop with a bad mustache 1960’s street race movie. So as I pass this "special" person I notice it's a female and she is putting on her make-up while driving down the highway like nothing happened, giving us all a bad wrap for being bad drivers. It appeared she was in a hurry, yet didn't care if she caused an accident, potentially killing someone. Putting on make-up is clearly more important than someone’s life, especially mine. Since she lacks common sense, my advice to her and to others who lack it, leave a little earlier so you can do your make-up at your destination or give yourself enough time to do it before you leave, because life is way more important than trying to make yourself at least a 7. My only hope is that when she does get in an accident, that the police officers and EMTs are hot, and they will think she looks hot, because after all, she did her make-up cruising down the highway at 85mph.

Feel free to email us with your personal stories, pictures and or quotes at csaintsc@gmail.com

Until next time,
Zozo and Leggy J

"I can never fear that things will go far wrong where common sense has fair play" - Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment