Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Blunder!

Since it is Thanksgiving here in America, we would like to talk about the lack of common sense that always seems to creep up during the holiday season. Before we get to the story, we would like to make a shout out to the Colorado Rapids for winning the MLS Cup. For those of you who don't know what that stands for, it stands for Major League Soccer. Wooohoooo!!!!!

Here we go and prepare to laugh!

One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.
When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!


Now, I don't know about you but when we were in kindergarten, we learned that mammals give live birth and reptiles and birds lay EGGS. In fact, we both distinctly remember as little kids seeing a birds nest, looking inside and seeing little round things called "eggs." Then one day going back to the nest, looking in and seeing three little featherless babies chirping their heads off. So it is to my shock and dismay that an adult was distraught over having cooked a "pregnant" turkey.



These turkeys have more common sense than some human beings!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Until next time,
Zozo and Leggy J


Story: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977490169
Comic: Farside

No comments:

Post a Comment